'Spice Up Your Healthy Eating Plan'
If your "get up and go" just "got up and went", then look no further. This eating plan has been carefully designed to help you get some balance back on to your plate, without compromising on taste.
With today's hectic lifestyles, it's sometimes tough to make a healthy choice, however these recipes are easy to follow and use everyday ingredients with an array of tasty herbs and spices so you don't have to compromise on taste when following a healthy diet. The plan helps you reduce unhealthy saturated fats and added sugar, as well as cutting down on salt, which has been shown to be linked with high blood pressure. So putting a bit of thought into your eating habits today can be a worthwhile investment.
This Plan has been created to help you achieve:
- Full flavour healthy meals for you to enjoy.
- A good variety of different foods, with fruit and vegetables to give you balance and extra nutrients.
- Enough calories for good health. This is designed for you if you love your food and want to choose healthy options.
- Delicious dishes that won't take hours in the kitchen or need you to be a super-cook.
Download the Healthy Eating Plan
Eating for Health
Eating well is a crucial step to helping you to achieve a balanced lifestyle. The more varied your diet, the more likely you are to get a range of nutrients. Follow the three top tips below:
- Eat at least five fruit and vegetables a day. Many of these recipes will contribute a portion of fruit or vegetables, and in addition you might like to serve some extra steamed vegetables or have some fruit or fruit juice with your meal, or fruit as a snack.
- Choose wholegrain varieties to help you make a healthier choice.
- Cut down on saturated fat and sugar. The recipes in this plan have been created so that they are low in saturated fat and sugar.
Spicy Hints and Tips
We all know it's healthier to grill foods rather than fry them. Bring life to grilled lamb or beef with crushed Juniper Berries, sprinkle Schwartz Mustard Seeds onto lean pork chops, try Schwartz Fennel Seeds on fish and dust courgettes with dried Schwartz Marjoram and lemon.