COMPLEMENTS ALL SAVOURY DISHES
Peppercorns are the
berries of a tropical vine. They have a warm pungent slightly nutmeg
flavour and a hot, biting taste. Pepper stimulates the digestive juices,
increases the appetite and aids digestion.
Black pepper can be used both in
cooking and at the table to enhance the flavour and appearance of all
Foil Fresh seal for extra flavour
- Use a pepper mill to give a freshly ground pepper flavour at the table or in cooking.
- Use whole or coarsely ground in marinades and sauces, or sprinkle over steak and kebabs before grilling.
- Make a creamy peppercorn sauce by adding crushed peppercorns to cream and butter.
- Enhance wafer thin slices of smoked salmon with a dressing of ground black pepper and olive oil.
- Bring out the flavour of strawberries with a grind of Black Peppercorns and a sprinkling of Balsamic vinegar.
- For traditional steak au poivre, press roughly crushed Black Peppercorns into both sides of a sirloin or rump steak and leave for 30 minutes. Fry in olive oil and serve with garlic butter.
Recipes using Black Peppercorns