Serves 4 (or 8 starters)
Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
Poached salmon, coated in Parsley and Crushed Chillies, served with watercress, baby beetroot and fennel for a delicious salad, ideal for a delicious starter or light lunch.
- For the salmon:
- 4 boneless, skinless salmon fillets
- 1 Schwartz Bay Leaves
- 4 tsp Schwartz Parsley Flat Leaf
- ½ tsp Schwartz Chillies Crushed
- For the dressing:
- 3 tbs extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tbs lemon juice
- For the salad:
- 1 bunch watercress, washed and dried
- 12 cooked baby beetroots, halved
- 1 head fennel, outside leaves discarded, finely sliced
- Schwartz Sea Salt & Black Pepper to season
STEP 1Place the salmon in a saucepan, cover with water and add the Bay Leaf. Bring to the boil, then turn off immediately and leave for 5 minutes for the salmon to cook through.
STEP 2Remove the salmon and leave to cool before flaking into large pieces.
STEP 3Sprinkle liberally with the Parsley and Crushed Chillies. Meanwhile, whisk the olive oil and lemon juice together, season to taste.
STEP 4Arrange the watercress, beetroots and fennel on serving plates, add the salmon and drizzle over the dressing to serve.
STEP 5Delicious served with fresh crusty bread.