Prep 10 mins
Cook 35 mins
Delicious and simple vegetable soup, combining carrots, leeks, celery and potatoes delicately flavoured with Bouquet Garni, Mixed Herbs and Black Pepper, an ideal winter warmer. Great for keeping all the family warm on Bonfire night too.
- 50g (2oz) butter
- 175g (6oz) carrots, finely diced
- 1 large leek, sliced
- 50g (2oz) celery, finely diced
- 25g (1oz) plain flour
- 900ml (1 1/2 pint) vegetable stock
- 1 Schwartz Bouquet Garni
- 1 tsp Schwartz Mixed Herbs
- 175g (6oz) potatoes, diced
- Schwartz Sea Salt and Black Pepper to season
STEP 1Melt the butter in a large saucepan and gently fry the carrots, leeks and celery for 5 minutes.
STEP 2Add the flour and cook for 1 minute, then gradually blend in the stock. Add the Bouquet Garni, Mixed Herbs and season to taste. Bring to the boil, then add the potatoes.
STEP 3Cover and simmer for 25 minutes, or until the soup is to the desired consistency and the vegetables are cooked through.