Prep 10 mins
Cook 50 mins
Saucy Chocolate Pudding
- 75g (3oz) margarine or softened butter
- 2 medium eggs
- 75g (3oz) caster sugar
- 75g (3oz) self-raising flour
- 1 tbs cocoa powder
- ½ tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp Schwartz Allspice Ground
- ½ tsp Schwartz Ginger Ground
- Zest of 1 orange, plus 1 tbs juice (reserve rest of juice for sauce)
- 2 tbs cocoa powder
- 75g (3oz) soft brown sugar
- Remaining orange juice
STEP 1Pre-heat the oven to 190°C, 375°F, Gas Mark 5.
STEP 2Whisk together the margarine, eggs, caster sugar, flour, 1 tbs cocoa powder, baking powder, Allspice, Ginger, orange zest and 1 tbs orange juice. Mix until smooth and glossy. Pour into 1¼ litre ovenproof dish.
STEP 3Make up the remaining orange juice to 225ml (8 fl oz) with boiling water. Blend in with the cocoa powder and brown sugar. Pour over the sponge mixture and bake for 50 minutes until risen and firm.