Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
Seared Trout Fillet with Baby Leeks.
- 2 tbs plain flour
- 4 tsp Schwartz Perfect Shake Fish Herb & Spice Blend
- 4 x 150g (5oz) trout fillets, wiped
- 450g (1lb) potatoes, diced
- 450g (1lb) baby leeks, trimmed
- 3 tbs olive oil
- 4 tbs Schwartz Perfect Shake Garlic & Herb Mash Herb & Spice Blend
- 25g (1oz) butter
- 1 lemon, cut into wedges
- Schwartz Sea Salt and Black Pepper to season
STEP 1Mix together the flour and Perfect Shake Fish Herb & Spice Blend. Pat the fish on both sides with the seasoned flour and set aside. Meanwhile, boil the potatoes in water for 15 minutes, until softened.
STEP 2Heat a ridged griddle pan and cook the leeks, drizzled with the oil, for 5 minutes, turning occasionally. Push the leeks to one side to make space for the fish.
STEP 3Sear the fish for 5 minutes, turning once. Mash the potatoes with the Perfect Shake Garlic & Herb Mash Herb & Spice Blend and half the butter. Spoon on to plates and place the fish over the leeks. Melt the remaining butter and drizzle over the fish. Garnish with lemon wedges.