Prep 5 mins
Cook 25 mins
A delicious creamy risotto with the zesty flavours of lemon and Coriander Leaf paired with the aromatic anise flavour of fennel.
- 2 tbs oil
- 1 small onion, finely diced
- 1 head fennel, finely sliced, reserving tops for garnish
- 250g (9oz) risotto rice
- 125ml (4fl oz) white wine
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 900ml (1½ pints) chicken stock
- 50ml (2fl oz) double cream
- 1 tbs Schwartz Coriander Leaf
- 25g (1oz) butter (optional)
- 25g (1oz) Parmesan cheese, grated
This risotto is delicious served with smoked chicken breasts, available at most supermarkets.
STEP 1Heat the oil in a pan and gently fry the onions and fennel for 2 minutes until they begin to soften.
STEP 2Add the risotto rice and cook for another 2 minutes until the grains begin to turn translucent.
STEP 3Add the white wine and the lemon juice, bring to a simmer and cook until absorbed.
STEP 4Stir in the chicken stock a ladleful at a time until all the stock has been absorbed and the rice is cooked, stirring frequently.
STEP 5Stir in the cream, Coriander Leaf and butter, then serve finished with grated Parmesan and garnished with the fennel tops.