Prep 30 mins marinading + 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
Serve King prawns spiced with Szechuan Pepper and whole Star Anise in this quick and easy Oriental stir fry.
- 4 tbs light soy sauce
- 4 cm (thumb sized piece) fresh ginger, peeled and crushed
- 2 tsp Schwartz Garlic Cooking Paste
- 3/4 tsp Schwartz Szechuan Pepper
- 1 Schwartz Star Anise Whole
- 350g (12oz) raw King prawns, peeled
- 2 tbs toasted sesame oil
- 1 onion, finely sliced
- 5 spring onions, diagonally sliced
- 200g (7oz) chestnut mushrooms, finely sliced
- 225g (8oz) fine egg thread noodles, cooked and drained
STEP 1Place the soy sauce, ginger, Easy Garlic, Szechuan Pepper and Whole Star Anise in a bowl and combine. Add the King prawns, cover and leave to marinate for 30 minutes in the refrigerator, or for best results overnight.
STEP 2Heat the oil in a wok, add the onion and stir fry for 2 minutes. Add the prawns, reserving the marinade and stir fry for 2 minutes.
STEP 3Add the marinade and the remaining ingredients, reserving a few spring onions and heat for 3 minutes or until the noodles are piping hot. Toss well and serve garnished with the remaining spring onions.