Gluten Free Cottage Pie Filled Potatoes Recipe
4 large jacket potatoes, cooked
450 grams extra lean mince beef
1 large onion, chopped
2 carrots, chopped
1 sachet Gluten Free Cottage Pie
300 millilitres (1/2 pint) cold water
100 grams (4 ounces) frozen peas
25 grams (1 ounce) butter
2 tablespoons semi-skimmed milk
75 grams Cheddar cheese, grated
- Rest the cooked potatoes for 5 minutes before scooping out so you don’t burn your hands.
- Not suitable for freezing.
- 1 Pre-heat the oven to 200°C, 400°F, Gas Mark 6.
- 2 Cook the jacket potatoes in the middle of the oven, for about 1 hour, turning them half-way through.
- 3 Meanwhile brown the mince, onion and carrots in a large pan for 4-5 minutes. Drain excess liquid. Mix the sachet contents with the water and stir into the mince, add the peas and bring to the boil. Cover and simmer for 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- 4 Cut the cooked potatoes in half lengthwise. Scoop out the potato from the skin and place into a bowl. Add the butter and milk and mash until smooth.
- 5 Keep the potato skins on the baking tray. Fill them with the cooked cottage pie mixture, top with the mashed potato, sprinkle the cheese on the top and cook in the oven for 10-20 minutes or until golden brown.
|Energy||584 / 2|