Prep 45 min mins
Cook 20 min mins
Eggplant is the star of this modern interpretation of a vegetable terrine. Honey-Harissa Sauce adds vibrant colour and bold flavour.
- For the honey-harissa Sauce:
- 1 red bell pepper, roasted, peeled and seeded
- 3 tbs olive oil
- 1 tbs honey
- ½ tsp Schwartz Caraway Seed , ground
- ½ tsp Schwartz Coriander Seed , ground
- ½ tsp Schwartz Garlic Cooking Paste
- ½ tsp Schwartz Sea Salt Mill
- ¼ Schwartz Black & Red Pepper , crushed
- For the torte:
- 1 aubergine, sliced lengthwise into 12 - 16 slices
- 2 tbs olive oil
- ¼ tsp Schwartz Sea Salt Mill
- ¼ Schwartz Ground Black Pepper
- 1 red bell pepper, roasted, peeled and quartered
- 50g (2oz) goats cheese, crumbled
- 1 yellow bell pepper, roasted, peeled and quartered
- 2 tbs honey
STEP 1Pre-heat the oven to 180°C, 350°F, Gas Mark 4.
STEP 2For the honey-harissa Sauce, place all ingredients in a blender or food processor, cover and blend or process on high speed until almost smooth then set aside.
STEP 3Brush aubergine slices with oil and season lightly with salt and pepper. Place slices in single layer on a baking tray and roast in the oven for 15-20 minutes or until just tender.
STEP 4Line four ramekins with cling film. Place 1 slice of aubergine lengthwise along the bottom of each ramekin, then line the sides of the ramekin with slices of aubergine, draping 2.5cm (1 inch) of each end of the aubergine slice over the top of each ramekin.
STEP 5Layer red bell pepper slices on top of aubergine in bottom of ramekin. Top with a thin layer of goats cheese and repeat with another layer of aubergine, placing slices crosswise to first layer of aubergine, yellow bell pepper slices and goat cheese. Fold excess aubergine over to enclose the torte. Cover ramekins in plastic wrap.
STEP 6Refrigerate for 1 hour or overnight. Invert each ramekin onto a serving plate and carefully remove ramekin. Brush tortes with honey and serve with the Honey-Harissa Sauce.