Cook 25 mins
Smoked Sausage Cassoulet
- 1 tbs oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 tsp Schwartz Garlic Granules
- 1 tbs Schwartz Herbes de Provence
- 440 g tin mixed beans, drained and rinsed
- 420 g tin baked beans
- 225g (8oz) smoked sausage, sliced
- 1 red pepper, diced
- 1 tbs tomato purée
- 150ml (1/4 pint) chicken stock
- To serve:
- 4 crusty rolls
STEP 1Heat the oil in a large saucepan and fry the onion until browned. Add the Garlic Granules and Herbes de Provence. Stir in the remaining ingredients and bring to the boil. Cover and simmer for 15-20 minutes, stirring occasionally.
STEP 2Serve with the bread rolls or alternatively, cut the tops off the rolls, scoop out the middles and fill with the cassoulet. Great to serve outdoors at bonfires or on Halloween.