Parsley Flat Leaf
Parsley is a real all-rounder, it has a distinctive
clean, earthy flavour with a light peppery note. Vibrant and delicious, it
is a multi-purpose herb that can be used for garnish and flavour.
used in cooking since the 18th century, parsley is typically used for
savoury dishes, salads, soups and sauces.Whether used fresh, in dried
form, alone or in the classic combination of fine herbs (together with
chervil, tarragon and chives), parsley is always a star performer,
imparting its characteristic flavour to hot and cold dishes alike.
was first fashionable in the Middle Ages because of its beneficial
properties; in herbalism it is used for its digestion and diuretic
Foil Fresh seal for extra flavour
Whether flat or curly, fresh or dried, parsley can be enjoyed in
many main meals.
- Combine with breadcrumbs, grated cheese and garlic, then spoon into flat mushrooms, drizzle with olive oil and bake until golden.
- Mix with butter and lemon juice, then stir into cooked vegetables and new potatoes.
- Stir into white sauce just before serving.
- Stir fry carrots in a little butter and add garlic and Parsley.
- Delicious with fish.Sauté mushrooms in butter, garlic and a good tablespoon of Parsley.
Recipes using Parsley Flat Leaf