A delicious creamy risotto with the zesty flavours of lemon and Coriander Leaf paired with the aromatic anise flavour of fennel.
- 2 tbs oil
- 1 small onion, finely diced
- 1 head fennel, finely sliced, reserving tops for garnish
- 250 g (9 oz) risotto rice
- 125 ml (4 fl oz) white wine
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 900 ml (1½ pints) chicken stock
- 50 ml (2 fl oz) double cream
- 1 tbs Schwartz Coriander Leaf
- 25 g (1 oz) butter (optional)
- 25 g (1 oz) Parmesan cheese, grated
This risotto is delicious served with smoked chicken breasts, available at most supermarkets.
STEP 1: Stir in the chicken stock a ladleful at a time until all the stock has been absorbed and the rice is cooked, stirring frequently.
STEP 2: Stir in the cream, Coriander Leaf and butter, then serve finished with grated Parmesan and garnished with the fennel tops.
STEP 3: Heat the oil in a pan and gently fry the onions and fennel for 2 minutes until they begin to soften.
STEP 4: Add the risotto rice and cook for another 2 minutes until the grains begin to turn translucent.
STEP 5: Add the white wine and the lemon juice, bring to a simmer and cook until absorbed.