A delicious creamy risotto with the zesty flavours of lemon and Coriander Leaf paired with the aromatic anise flavour of fennel.
- 2 tbs oil
- 1 small onion, finely diced
- 1 head fennel, finely sliced, reserving tops for garnish
- 250 g (9 oz) risotto rice
- 125 ml (4 fl oz) white wine
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 900 ml (1½ pints) chicken stock
- 50 ml (2 fl oz) double cream
- 1 tbs Schwartz Coriander Leaf
- 25 g (1 oz) butter (optional)
- 25 g (1 oz) Parmesan cheese, grated
This risotto is delicious served with smoked chicken breasts, available at most supermarkets.
STEP 1Stir in the chicken stock a ladleful at a time until all the stock has been absorbed and the rice is cooked, stirring frequently.
STEP 2Stir in the cream, Coriander Leaf and butter, then serve finished with grated Parmesan and garnished with the fennel tops.
STEP 3Heat the oil in a pan and gently fry the onions and fennel for 2 minutes until they begin to soften.
STEP 4Add the risotto rice and cook for another 2 minutes until the grains begin to turn translucent.
STEP 5Add the white wine and the lemon juice, bring to a simmer and cook until absorbed.