Easy Snickerdoodle Cookie Recipe
The ultimate way to enjoy snickerdoodles! Take this classic American cookie to the next level with an addictive OLD BAY sugar coating.
For the snickerdoodles:
125 g unsalted butter, softened
225 g caster sugar
2 tsp vanilla bean paste
1 large egg
100 ml full-fat milk
350 g plain flour
1 1/2 tsp cream of tartar
1 tsp bicarbonate of soda
Pinch of salt
For the OLD BAY sugar coating:
70 g caster sugar
1 tsp Old Bay Seasoning
1 tsp Schwartz cinnamon
- Why not try making snickerdoodle ice cream sandwiches with our OLD BAY Peanut Butter Ice Cream?
- 1 Preheat the oven to 200C/180C Fan/ Gas 6 and line a couple of baking trays with baking parchment.
- 2 Beat the butter and sugar in a large bowl using an electric whisk for 5 minutes until smooth and fluffy. Add the vanilla bean paste, egg and milk and beat until combined, pausing to scrape down the sides to ensure all the mix is incorporated.
- 3 Fold in the rest of the dry ingredients until combined.
- 4 Prepare the OLD BAY sugar topping: in a shallow bowl, mix together the sugar, OLD BAY seasoning and Schwartz cinnamon. Set aside.
- 5 Scoop out roughly a 30g ball of dough. Roll into a smooth ball before rolling in the cinnamon-sugar mixture to coat. Place on the prepared tray and flatten slightly until about ¾ cm thick. Repeat with the remaining mix, placing the doughballs well-spaced apart on the prepared baking trays, until you have used up all the dough - you should have roughly 30 doughballs.
- 6 Bake for 10-12 minutes until golden and puffed up. Leave to cool on the tray for 5 minutes to firm up a little before transferring onto wire racks to finish cooling completely. The snickerdoodles will keep in an airtight container for up to 4 days.