1. Ownership. All software, content and materials used or appearing on the Sites (the "Materials") are the exclusive property of McCormick or its licensors and are protected by United States and English law. and international copyright, trademark, and other intellectual property rights laws. No copying, sale or exploitation of the Materials is permitted without the prior written consent of McCormick and any other applicable copyright owner. You do not acquire any ownership rights by virtue of downloading the Materials from the Sites. If we request or permit the submission of your opinions and/or ideas, then prior to making the submission, you may be required to sign an agreement prepared by McCormick that confirms that all opinions, ideas, suggestions, and other feedback submitted by you may be used by McCormick without any restriction or limitation, and free of charge.
2. Content. You acknowledge that McCormick does not control and is not responsible for data, information, content and communications made available on the Site by you or third parties (“Content”), and that McCormick will not be liable in any way for any Content or for any loss or damage of any kind incurred as a result of, or in connection with, any Content. You agree to be responsible for all video and audio and other content and communications that you make available on the Site in any form (“Your Content”). You affirm, represent and warrant that (a) you own or have the necessary licenses, rights, consents and permissions to enable inclusion and use of Your Content by McCormick and agents, affiliates and assigns in accordance with these terms and conditions, and (b) you have the written consent, release, and/or permission of each and every identifiable person who is referenced or appears in Your Content to enable inclusion and use of Your Content by McCormick and its agents, affiliates and assigns in accordance with these terms and conditions. McCormick shall have the right, but not the obligation, to refuse or delete any Content in its sole and absolute discretion at any time. Without limitation, you agree that you will not submit any Content (a) that is sexual in nature, obscene or pornographic; (b) that is false or misleading; (c) that could constitute a criminal offense, give rise to civil liability or violate any federal, state or local law or regulation; (d) that contains profanities or expletives; (e) that is encrypted, or contains any viruses, Trojan horses or other computer programming routines or elements that are intended to cause damage or interference to the Site(s), or with another’s system or data.
3. Individual Use. You are only authorised to visit, view and to retain copies of pages of the Sites for your own individual, non-commercial, home use. You may not duplicate, download, publish, modify or otherwise distribute any of the Materials for any purpose other than for your own individual use unless otherwise authorised by McCormick in writing. Users of the Sites shall not use the Sites for any illegal purpose, or in a manner that could damage or overburden McCormick’s server, or to attempt to gain unauthorised access to accounts computer systems or networks connected to McCormick’s server through hacking, password mining or any other means. McCormick may, but is not obligated to, monitor or review any areas on the Sites where users transmit or post communications or communicate solely with each other, including but not limited to chat rooms, bulletin boards or other user forums, and the content of any such communications. McCormick is not responsible for such third party communication, does not endorse, adopt or sponsor any third party statements, and is not obligated to respond to or correct misstatements made by third parties. McCormick is not liable for the content of any such communications, whether or not arising under the laws of copyright, trademarks, libel, privacy, obscenity, or otherwise.
4. Third Party Intellectual Property Rights. You may not use the Sites to transmit material that: (i) is copyrighted, unless you are the copyright owner or have obtained the permission of the copyright owner; (ii) reveals trade secrets, unless you own them or have the permission of the owner; or (iii) infringes on any intellectual property rights of others or violates the privacy or rights of publicity of others.
6. Links. Occasionally McCormick provides links to other websites from the Sites. McCormick attempts to insure that each of the links from the Sites is appropriate for its consumers. However, McCormick does not endorse linked sites and McCormick is not responsible for the content of any linked site. McCormick explicitly disclaims any responsibility for the accuracy, content or availability of the information, products and/or services found on or through such linked sites. We do not make any representations or warranties as to the security of any information you might submit on any linked site.
7. Terms of Purchase for Online, Phone or Email Orders. All orders will be subject to the following Terms of Purchase:
Price Information. All prices and fees associated with your order will be summarized prior to the completion of your order. If you place your order online, this summary will appear in your online “shopping cart” prior to your purchase. Pricing information includes the price of the product(s) ordered, delivery costs, and information regarding your payment options. All products sold through the Schwartz sites shall be subject to a 0% VAT rate. If you place your order over the phone, the same information will be summarized verbally by the customer service representative processing your order. If you place your order via email, you will receive an Order Confirmation Email summarizing the pricing associated with your order, which you must indicate acceptance of, prior to the processing of your order.
McCormick (UK) Ltd's current delivery charge is £2.50 and free for all orders of £10 and over. All deliveries are dispatched and sent via Royal Mail or courier, please allow up to 5 working days for delivery. McCormick (UK) Ltd reserves the right to change delivery charges at any time. All orders are subject to acceptance under McCormick (UK) Ltd's standard terms and conditions.
Delivery/Shipping Information. When placing an order through our website, information regarding the timing of the delivery will be available on the website when you select your delivery preference as part of the ordering process. When placing an order over the phone or through email, delivery information will be communicated to you during the order confirmation process. In the event that the products ordered are found to be out-of-stock, a representative from McCormick UK will contact you to inform you of this and present some alternative options to assist you with the completion and processing of your order.
Refund/Return Policy and Process. You may return any portion of your order within 14 days from the order dispatch date, as listed in the delivery note sent with your order. All returns must be processed over the phone. To initiate the return process you may call or email. If you choose to email, you must include a phone number where we can contact you to process the return. Once you have contacted us, we will process your request and issue a Return Merchandise Authorization (RMA) via email. You will be sent a pre-paid shipping envelope via First Class Royal Mail and we will notify via email to inform you that your credit card has been credited the full amount of the refund. If you cancel your order, you must return the goods.
Payment. When you make payment for an order placed through the Sites, you may be transferred to the payments page of the relevant payment processor (PayPal or WorldPay), either directly or via a framed page on one of the Sites. While McCormick attempts to ensure that such payments pages are functioning correctly, the relevant payment processor (and not McCormick) is responsible for the content of them and consequently McCormick disclaims any responsibility for their operation and the security of any payment information provided to them.
9. Revision/Termination of the Services. McCormick has the right, at any time, to modify or discontinue, temporarily or permanently, the Sites or any function(s) on the Sites, and/or to refuse or restrict anyone from access to any of the Sites, with or without notice and in its sole discretion. McCormick shall not be liable for any modification, suspension or discontinuance of the Sites or any function(s) on the Sites (the “Services”).
10. McCormick Makes No Warranties. YOU USE THE SITES AND SERVICES AT YOUR SOLE RISK. THE SERVICES ARE PROVIDED ON AN "AS IS" AND "AS AVAILABLE" BASIS, WITHOUT WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION, ANY IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF SATISFACTORY QUALITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, NON-INFRINGEMENT OR NON-MISAPPROPRIATION OF INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY RIGHTS OF A THIRD PARTY, ACCURACY OF INFORMATIONAL CONTENT, OR SYSTEM INTEGRATION. McCORMICK DOES NOT WARRANT THAT THE SITES WILL BE AVAILABLE OR OPERATE IN AN UNINTERRUPTED OR ERROR-FREE MANNER OR THAT ERRORS OR DEFECTS WILL BE CORRECTED, OR THAT THE SITES OR McCORMICK'S SERVERS FOR THE SITES ARE FREE FROM ANY HARMFUL COMPONENTS, INCLUDING VIRUSES. IN ADDITION, McCORMICK DOES NOT WARRANT THAT INFORMATION AVAILABLE ON OR THROUGH THE SITE IS APPROPRIATE, ACCURATE OR AVAILABLE FOR USE IN ANY PARTICULAR JURISDICTION, AND ACCESSING IT FROM JURISDICTIONS WHERE THE CONTENT IS ILLEGAL IS EXPRESSLY PROHIBITED. YOU ACKNOWLEDGE, BY YOUR USE OF THE SITES, THAT YOUR USE IS AT YOUR OWN RISK. Note: Some jurisdictions do not allow exclusion of implied warranties, so the above exclusions may not apply to you.
11. Limitation of Liability. NEITHER McCORMICK NOR ANY OF ITS AFFILIATED COMPANIES OR ANY OF THEIR EMPLOYEES, DIRECTORS, AGENTS OR CONTRACTORS SHALL LIABLE TO YOU OR ANY OTHER PERSON, WHETHER IN CONTRACT OR TORT, FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, , OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF OR IN ANY WAY RELATED TO THIS AGREEMENT OR THE USE OF THE SERVICES, OR FOR ANY DAMAGES FOR LOSS OF PROFITS, GOODWILL, USE, DATA OR OTHER INTANGIBLE LOSSES (EVEN IF McCORMICK HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES). TO THE EXTENT THE FOREGOING LIMITATION OF LIABILITY IS, IN WHOLE OR IN PART, HELD TO BE INAPPLICABLE OR UNENFORCEABLE FOR ANY REASON, THEN THE AGGREGATE LIABILITY OF McCORMICK FOR ANY REASON AND UPON ANY CAUSE OF ACTION (INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, NEGLIGENCE, STRICT LIABILITY AND OTHER ACTIONS IN CONTRACT OR TORT) IN ANY WAY RELATED TO THE SITE OR THIS AGREEMENT SHALL BE LIMITED TO DIRECT DAMAGES ACTUALLY INCURRED UP TO TWO HUNDRED FIFTY DOLLARS ($250).
SCHWARTZ CHRISTMAS HAMPER TERMS AND CONDITIONS
When you submit a submission for this Contest, you agree to the Official Rules below.
1. SPONSOR. The sponsor of this contest (“Contest”) is McCormick (UK) Ltd. (“McCormick”), based at McCormick (UK) Ltd, Haddenham Business Park, Pegasus Way, Haddenham, Bucks, HP17 8LB.
2. HOW TO ENTER. A Contest participant (each a “Participant” and, collectively, the “Participants”) must be at least eighteen (18) years of age at the time of participation, may enter the Contest from by following the process below. Submissions must be received through the below process by the close of the Contest to be eligible.
3. PROCESS: To participate in the Contest and to try to win the Prize described in Section 8 below, you should do the following:
a. Please enter through Facebook (“Platform”) and sign in with a valid account.
b. Contest is open from 07.00 (GMT) on Monday 04th December 2017 and closes at 23.59 (GMT) on Sunday 10th December 2017. No entries submitted outside of the content duration will be valid.
c. Please comment on the post promoting the contest which will be shared on the Schwartz UK Facebook page (www.facebook.com/schwartzPureFlavour), sharing your interpretation of what Christmas tastes like to you and your family.
d. As a Participant, you represent that you are at least 18 years of age.
e. McCormick is not responsible for computer or network problems; problems with the Platform or its servers; problems with email accounts; or the failure to receive any Submission for any reason whatsoever.
4. ELIGIBILITY. The Contest is open to residents of the United Kingdom, where the sponsor currently is operating in and who are over the age of 18.
5. WINNER SELECTION. One (1) participant will be randomly selected from the valid Submissions and will be nominated as winner (“Winner”). The Winner will be chosen entirely at random by a representative of Publicis Media.
a. There is a total of 1 prize available, consisting of one (1) x John Lewis Winter Frost Christmas Hamper plus twelve (12) assorted jars of Schwartz herbs and spices. There is no cash alternative.
6. PROHIBITED CONTENT. McCormick and its affiliates shall in no case be liable for the contents of Submissions. Participants shall use good taste and judgment in creating and submitting their Submissions. Each Participant shall be solely responsible for ensuring that his or her post:
a. Does not offend the intellectual rights of third parties;
b. Is free from obscenity or content that may be seen as harassment, intimidation, or bullying;
c. Complies with all data protection and privacy laws;
d. Complies with the Platform’s guidelines, rules and regulations;
e. Is free from viruses or malware; and
f. Is not otherwise inappropriate.
7. LICENSE. By making a Submission, each Participant grants McCormick and its affiliates a perpetual, worldwide, irrevocable, fully paid-up, royalty-free license to transform, edit, modify, reproduce, distribute, transmit, publish, communicate to the public, broadcast, perform, display, or otherwise use the Submission, in whole or in part, with or without modifications, in any form or medium, including but not limited to, internet, print, point of sale advertising, flyers, leaflets, for entertainment, promotional and/or advertising purposes and/or any other purpose whatsoever.
a. To the greatest extent permitted by law, Participants agree to waive and not to assert or invoke any so-called moral rights in relation to their Submissions.
b. For the avoidance of doubt, the license referred to in this Section 7 is a fully paid-up license. By entering, you guarantee that your Submission is original as referred to above, and that you have all necessary rights to provide the Submission and to grant to McCormick as applicable the rights set out in these Official Rules, as well as the consent of any person identified, depicted or referred to in the Submission. You will indemnify and hold McCormick harmless for any breach of these provisions. Only the Winner will receive a prize according to the next paragraph: ‘Prize’.
8. PRIZE. McCormick will be giving away one (1) x John Lewis Winter Frost Christmas Hamper plus twelve (12) assorted jars of Schwartz herbs and spices to one (1) winner. There is no cash alternative.
9. NOT INCLUDED IN THE PRIZE: Expenses related to collection of the Prize; reimbursement of any expenses incurred in the creation of your Submission; and travel expenses to and from location.
10. RESTRICTIONS: Participants must submit original, valid Submissions into the Competition. Participants must also at all times comply with all applicable laws, rules, and regulations.
11. NOTIFICATION/ANNOUNCEMENT OF WINNER. The Winner will be selected on and will be notified via a tagged comment from the Schwartz UK Facebook account (www.facebook.com/schwartzPureFlavour) on which the comment was made. The winner must confirm his or her acceptance of the Prize in writing within 24 hours of such notification. McCormick reserves the right to disqualify any Winner who does not confirm acceptance of the Prize in accordance with these Official Rules, and reserves the right to select an alternative winner in such event. In the event of a dispute about the identity of a Winner, McCormick will award the Prize to a runner-up Participant.
12. PRIZE CONDITIONS. Save as may be required by any applicable mandatory laws, the Prize will be as referred to in these Official Rules and is provided as-is with no express or implied warranty or guarantee. This Contest is subject to applicable local laws and regulations, including but not limited to tax laws. McCormick may require the Winner to sign and return an affidavit of eligibility, a liability release, and a publicity release permitting McCormick to use the Winner’s name, image, and winning Submission in promotional materials where permitted by law and subject to applicable rules. Refusal or inability to sign and return such forms within 48 hours of receipt may result in disqualification and awarding of Prize to an alternate Winner.
13. GENERAL LIABILITY RELEASE. By entering this Contest, Participants release McCormick and its agents from any liability whatsoever, on any theory, and waive any and all claims and causes of action arising from or related to this Contest and/or fulfillment and/or use of the Prize, to the extent permitted by applicable law. However, nothing in these Official Rules limits or excludes any person’s or entity’s liability for death or personal injury caused by their negligence or any other liability which may not as a matter of law be limited.
14. DATA. By entering the Contest and submitting a Submission and any other personal information, Participants are expressly consenting to the processing of their personal information by McCormick for the purpose of the Contest or any associated publicity by McCormick or its affiliates. McCormick’s Privacy & Legal policy will apply. McCormick may share the Submissions with partners and authorized licensees for Contest administration and prize fulfillment purposes.
15. INTERPRETATION AND DISPUTES. Participants agree:
a. To be bound by these Official Rules and all decisions of the judges, which are final and binding;
b. That any disputes shall be governed by the laws of England and Wales (or by mandatory local laws, if applicable), and shall be resolved through arbitration in London with the London Court of International Arbitration (LCIA);
c. That they consent and waive any objection to the jurisdiction of said courts for any such disputes.
16. MISCELLANEOUS. The Contest is void where prohibited:
a. If any provision or part-provision of these Official Rules is held by a court of competent jurisdiction to be invalid, illegal or unenforceable, it shall be deemed modified to the minimum extent necessary to make it valid, legal and enforceable.
b. If such modification is not possible, the relevant provision or part-provision shall be deemed deleted. Any modification to or deletion of a provision or part-provision under this clause shall not affect the validity and enforceability of the rest of these Official Rules.
c. To the extent permitted by applicable law, McCormick may suspend, modify or terminate the Contest if they believe, in their sole discretion, that malfunction, error, disruption or damage is impairing or will impair the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of the Contest, in which case the prizes will be awarded among the eligible Submissions received that were unaffected by the problem, if possible.
Schwartz Information Service
McCormick (UK) Ltd
Haddenham Business Park
Our Company's registration information:
Registered Name: McCormick (UK) Ltd.
Country of Registration: Scotland
Registered Address: 7 Lochside Ave, Edinburgh Park, Edinburgh EH12 9DJ
Main country of domicile: United Kingdom
Registration #: SC015262
Phone # - 01844 292930