Barbacoa Spiced Lamb Shoulder Tacos
Take your taco to a whole new level with this meltingly tender, juicy lamb shoulder filling rubbed with our smoky chipotle, black pepper and allspice Herdez Barbacoa Seasoning.
For the lamb:
1/2 shoulder of lamb, bone-in, about 800g
For the tacos:
200 ml reduced-fat sour cream
2 spring onions, finely sliced
2 tbsp freshly chopped coriander
- Toast the tacos over an open flame for 10-20 seconds on each side for an extra smoky flavour.
- 1 For the lamb: preheat the oven to 170°C / 150°C Fan.
- 2 Sit the lamb in a roasting tin and rub with the lime juice and ½ pack Herdez Barbacoa Seasoning. Pour water into the bottom of the tin until it comes 1 cm up the sides. Roast in the oven for around 2 hours - or until the meat is coming away from the bone. Remove from the oven and leave to rest for 30 minutes. Decant some of the excess fat, if necessary.
- 3 Shred the meat into bite-sized pieces into the bottom of the tin. Season with the remaining ½ pack Herdez Barbacoa Seasoning, or to taste, and mix well.
- 4 For the tacos: prepare the avocado into slices and toast the Tacos according to packet instructions (see Tip). Set a warm taco onto a plate, add a spoonful of sour cream and spread across the base. Add generous spoonfuls of the shredded lamb, top with slices of avocado and sprinkle with spring onions. Drizzle with the Salsa Casera, squeeze over a little lime juice, to taste, and garnish with coriander. Wrap and enjoy!