Perfect for busy weeknights (or store for a power lunch) when we don’t have a lot of time to spare in the kitchen, this Buddha Bowl with Garlic Chickpeas recipe is quick and easy but still packed full of flavour!
Loaded with plenty of hearty veggies, Buddha Bowls come in all different styles, but always the same size. Big. This take on a Buddha Bowl combines comforting sweet potatoes, with heaps of healthy roasted greens. Topped with beautifully seasoned chickpeas and a luxurious tahini dressing, using Schwartz Garlic Granules, you won’t be lacking for flavour.
You don’t have to stop there, either. Simply swap in your own favourite veggies for the base to suit this recipe to your preferences, just make sure you make plenty!
1. Preheat the oven to 200C / 400F / Gas Mark 6. Halve the sweet potatoes and chop the red onion into wedges, then transfer to a lined baking tray (ensure that the potatoes are skin-side down). Drizzle with olive oil and place in the oven for 15 minutes.
2. Trim the stems off of the tenderstem broccoli then add after 15 minutes. Drizzle with olive oil. Season with salt and pepper and cook for a further 10 minutes.
3. After 10 minutes, flip the sweet potatoes to flesh-side down. Add the kale, drizzling with oil and seasoning with salt and pepper. Cook for a further 5 minutes, then set aside.
4. While the vegetables are roasting, begin preparing the chickpeas. Add the rinsed chickpeas to a bowl and add the Schwartz Garlic Granules, Schwartz Cumin, Schwartz Hot chilli powder and salt and pepper. Stir to combine.
5. Heat a frying pan over medium heat. Once hot, add the oil and chickpeas and cook for 10 minutes, stirring frequently.
6. To make the dressing add the tahini, Schwartz Garlic Granules, lemon juice and maple syrup into a bowl and whisk until combined. Add a tablespoon of hot water at a time to loosen to a pouring consistency.
7. To serve, slice the sweet potatoes into bite sized pieces, and transfer to a bowl. Add the vegetables and chickpeas, then drizzle with the tahini dressing.