A rich and warming Beef and Ale Pie, great for an autumn dinner.
1. Pre-heat oven to 180°C.
2. Pre-heat a stove proof casserole dish with 1bs of oil and seal your beef, transfer out of the pot and set aside.
3. Add the remaining oil to the casserole dish and sauté the carrots, baby onions and celery. Return the beef to the dish and add the ale along with the Schwartz Beef Casserole Mix, stir well.
4. Cover and cook in the oven for 1 hour and 25 mins.
5. Remove from the oven and pour into a pie dish and put the oven temperature to 220°C.
6. Brush the edge of the pie dish with a beaten egg.
7. Roll out the pastry and place over the dish. Pinch the edge of the dish so that the pastry will stick to it and trim off the excess. Brush the pastry top with the remaining beaten egg and place on the baking tray to bake for 30 minutes until the pastry is golden.
8. Serve this delicious tender beef pie with creamy mash.