Add some spooky fun to pizza night with this flavour-packed take on the traditional Margherita pizza. After eating this Halloween treat your tastebuds will be scared to try anything else!
- 1 Pizza Base: follow instructions as directed on the package and set aside to rise for 30 minutes while you prepare the sauce.
- 2 Pizza Sauce: Place a medium saucepan on medium heat with a splash of olive oil. Once hot, add the diced onions to the pan and cook for 5-6 minutes, until softened.
- 3 Add the Garlic Granules, Oregano, tomato paste, chopped tomatoes and water to the saucepan with the softened onions and stir to combine. Reduce the heat to low and allow to simmer for 10 minutes, stirring now and then, until slightly reduced. Add the Schwartz Sea Salt and Black Pepper to season. Once reduced remove from the heat and set aside.
- 4 Ghoulish Toppings: Lay the slices of mozzarella out and use a ghost shaped cutter to cut shapes out of the slices. Set aside.
- 5 Additional toppings such as pepperoni, peppers, or sun-dried tomatoes should be prepared at this time.
- 6 Finished Pizza: Pre-heat the oven to 240°C, 220°C fan, Gas Mark 9. Divide your risen pizza base into 4 equal portions with a sharp knife. Take each portion and stretch it into a circle of about 5 mm thickness. Place each prepared base on a flat baking sheet greased with oil.
- 7 Add the pizza sauce to each base and spread the mixture evenly, leaving a 1cm edge. Add the cut-out slices of mozzarella on top of the sauce, and add any other optional toppings you prepared.
- 8 Place the pizzas, one at a time, on the middle shelf for the oven and bake for 10 minutes until the cheese is golden and bubbly, and the crust has browned.
- 9 Remove the pizza from the oven and arrange the chopped olives to serve as the ghost’s eyes.
- 10 Cut the pizzas into slices and serve hot.