Grapefruit G&T With Cardamom Cordial
The warm silky flavour of cardamom cordial, the freshly squeezed grapefruit and gin along with the fizzy Tonic water blends together to create a delicious citrus cocktail.
This refreshing cocktail is a perfect day time drink for a hot sunny day. It is exciting and full of flavour making it a brilliant drink to impress guests.
1 1/2 tablespoons Cardamom Pods
200 grams (7 ounces) sugar
275 millilitres (9 fluid ounce) water
For the Cocktail
50 millilitres (2 fluid ounce) cardamom cordial
125 millilitres (4 fluid ounce) grapefruit juice
75 millilitres (3 fluid ounce) Gin of your choice
Tonic water of your choice to top up
Two sprigs fresh mint
- 1 To make the Cardamom Cordial
- 2 Split the Cardamom Pods and slightly crush cardamom seeds.
- 3 Add the sugar and water to a saucepan. Gently heat, without boiling, until the sugar has dissolved.
- 4 Add the cardamom seeds to the pan. Lower the heat to a simmer and let it steep for 15 mins. Turn off the heat and let the syrup cool. Strain through a fine mesh strainer into a container and store in the fridge for up to a month.
- 5 To make the Cocktail
- 6 Use a vegetable peeler to peel a part of the grapefruit skin off. Then using a sharp knife slice the peel julienne. Alternatively, you could use a julienne peeler. This will be used to garnish the cocktail.
- 7 Pour the cardamom cordial, grapefruit juice and gin over ice in a cocktail mixer and shake to combine.
- 8 Using a strainer, divide the mixture into two glasses filled with fresh ice.
- 9 Top up with your desired amount of Tonic water and garnish with grapefruit peel for a refreshing cocktail