Roasted Duck Breast with Rhubarb & Ginger Sauce
4 duck breasts, skin on
4 tablespoons honey
125 gram (5 ounce) rhubarb, finely chopped
50 gram (2 ounce) dried cherries
1 tablespoons Ground Ginger
300 millilitre (½ pint) orange juice
300 millilitre (½ pint) rosé wine
- 1 Pre-heat the oven to 200°C, 400°F, Gas Mark 6.
- 2 Heat a frying pan, add the duck breasts, skin side down and fry until the skin is crisp. Transfer to an ovenproof dish, skin side up, keeping the pan and the fat for later.
- 3 Pour 2 tbs of the honey over the duck and roast in the oven for 10-15 minutes, or until cooked to your liking.
- 4 Remove the duck from the oven, reserving the juices from the duck, and allow to rest for 5 minutes.
- 5 Meanwhile, add the rhubarb, dried cherries and Ginger to the frying pan that you used to cook the duck and cook for 1 minute. Remove from the pan and set aside.
- 6 Pour the orange juice and rosé wine into the frying pan and bring to the boil for about 10 minutes, allowing the liquid to reduce. Add the juices from the duck and the remaining honey, and bring back to the boil. Reduce to a sauce consistency, then return the rhubarb and cherries back to the pan for 1 minute.
- 7 Serve the cooked duck with the rhubarb, cherries and sauce.