Spicy Cajun Hot Dogs
75 grams (3 ounces) tomato ketchup
4 tablespoons Cajun Seasoning - Extra Spicy
2 teaspoons brown sugar
4 hot dog sausages, frankfurters or American style hot dogs
1 red onion, cut into 1.5cm slices
125 grams (5 ounces) dill pickles, chopped
4 hot dog buns, split
- Substitute hot dogs with vegetarian hot dogs if desired.
- 1 1. Pre-heat the barbecue.
- 2 2. Stir together the ketchup, Extra Spicy Cajun Seasoning and brown sugar until blended.
- 3 3. Grill the hot dogs, turning occasionally, for 3-5 minutes or until lightly charred and just cooked through. Brush the Cajun ketchup mixture all over the hot dogs and move them away from the heat source. Cook, turning occasionally for 1-2 minutes or until crispy, golden and caramelized.
- 4 4. Meanwhile barbecue the onions slices, turning, for 2-3 minutes per side or until well-marked and tender. Toast the buns cut-side down for ½-1 minute or until just warmed through. Spread with the remaining sauce.
- 5 5. Dice the grilled onions. Assemble the hot dogs in buns with the grilled red onion and pickles.