Chicken in Red Wine
10 shallots, peeled
125 gram (5 ounce) button mushrooms
8 skinless chicken thighs or drumsticks, trimmed of fat
125 gram (5 ounce) bacon, sliced and cooked
300 millilitre (½ pint) water
2 tablespoons tomato purée
- 1 Place shallots, mushrooms, chicken and bacon into your slow cooker pot.
- 2 Mix sachet contents with water and tomato purée, and add to slow cooker pot. Stir through.
- 3 Cover and cook for 4 hours on HIGH or 8 hours on LOW, or until meat is tender and cooked through. (Keep covered during cooking. Slow Cookers vary. Directions based on a 3.5 litre Morphy Richards model.)
- 4 Remove lid, stir through and stand for 5 minutes before serving.
- 5 Delicious served with roast potatoes and fresh vegetables.