Citrus & Black Pepper Ice-cream Shots
125 gram (5 ounce) dark chocolate
Zest and juice of 2 limes
Zest and juice of 1 orange
4 tablespoons vodka
2 tablespoons orange liqueur
200 gram (7 ounce) icing sugar
600 millilitre (1 pint) double cream
Black Peppercorns Mill
- 1 Set a bowl over the top of a pan of simmering water (be sure to make sure the water does not touch the underside of the bowl). Break the chocolate into squares and place into the bowl to gently melt.
- 2 Meanwhile, pour the zest and juice of the lime into a bowl with half of each of the vodka, orange liqueur, icing sugar and double cream. Softly whip until thick and smooth but not stiff. Grind in the Black Pepper (around 8-10 twists).
- 3 In a clean bowl combine the orange zest and juice with the remaining vodka, orange liqueur, icing sugar and double cream. Softly whip until thick and smooth, stir in the remaining melted chocolate and grind in the Black Pepper (around 8 – 10 twists).
- 4 Transfer to another airtight plastic container and freeze both ice-cream mixtures overnight.
- 5 Serve the ice-creams together, the ribbons of chocolate in the lime ice cream will break up to form little chocolate chips when scooped out.
- 6 Pour half of the mixture into an airtight plastic container. Take 1 tbs of the melted chocolate and in a quick circular motion, drizzle over the cream mixture in thin ribbons. Allow the chocolate to set slightly for a few seconds, then spread the remaining cream and lime mixture over the top, drizzle over another 1 tbs of the chocolate.