8 shredded cheddar cheese
4 tablespoon (½ stick) unsalted butter, room temperature
1 teaspoon kosher salt
3 Savory Seasoning
1 cup all-purpose flour
1/4 cup ice water
- 1 Preheat the oven to 350˚F (180˚C).
- 2 In a large bowl with an electric hand mixer add the cheddar cheese, butter, Savory spice blend, and salt until well combined.
- 3 Mix in the flour and add the ice water, 1 tablespoon at a time, until the dough holds together but crumbles apart if you break it up in your hand. If it seems too dry, add a little more ice water.
- 4 Separate the dough into 2 halves and pack together into discs. Wrap in parchment paper and chill in the refrigerator for 30 minutes.
- 5 Roll out dough to ⅛ of an inch (½ cm), pinching the cracks on the ends.
- 6 Cut into 1 inch x 1 inch (2 ½ x 2 ½ cm) squares and pierce a hole in the middle of each square for ventilation during baking.
- 7 Place the separated crackers on a parchment paper-lined baking sheet.
- 8 Bake for 13 minutes, or until golden brown.
- 9 Enjoy!