8 of sourdough bread
1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, softened
8 ounces of sliced cheddar cheese
8 ounces of sliced Havarti cheese
- 1 If not already on, preheat the oven to 300˚F (150˚C).
- 2 Spread 1 tablespoon of softened butter on one side of each slice of bread. With the buttered side facing out, layer on the sliced cheddar and Havarti and top each sandwich with a second piece of buttered bread.
- 3 In a large pan over medium heat, toast each sandwich, buttered side down, until golden brown, about 2 minutes. Flip and repeat on the other side, then transfer to a baking sheet.
- 4 Bake the grilled cheeses for 5-10 minutes, until the cheese is gooey and fully melted.
- 5 Cut in half on the diagonal and serve warm with roasted tomato soup.
- 6 Enjoy!