Cinnamon & Raspberry Pancakes
The great thing about this pancake recipe is that it can be dressed up or down to suit all occasions! Served with raspberries and honey, it makes an ideal light breakfast to start your day off on the right foot. Alternatively, prepare them later in the day and go wild with heavier toppings. We love chocolate hazelnut spread, whipped cream and toasted nuts – or even a scoop of ice cream.
100 gram (4 ounce) buckwheat flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
50 gram (2 ounce) caster sugar
½ teaspoon Cinnamon Ground
1 large egg
175 millilitre (6 ounce) skimmed milk
125 gram (5 ounce) raspberries
2 tablespoons honey
- 1 Sift the flour and baking powder together into a bowl, add the sugar and Cinnamon and mix.
- 2 Beat the egg with the milk, then lightly whisk with the flour until smooth.
- 3 Gently stir in 100g (4oz) of the raspberries.
- 4 Heat a heavy based non-stick frying pan over a medium-heat, add 2 tbs of the batter and cook until golden (30 seconds-1 minute). Flip the pancake over and cook on the other side. Set aside and keep warm.
- 5 Repeat with the remaining batter mixture. Serve with the remaining raspberries and drizzle with honey.