Healthy Granola Bars
200 gram (7 ounce) porridge oats
100 gram (4 ounce) flaked almonds
50 gram (2 ounce) walnuts, chopped
1 tablespoons honey
50 gram (2 ounce) unsalted butter
100 gram (4 ounce) Muscovado sugar
1 teaspoon Cinnamon Ground
75 gram (3 ounce) dried cherries
75 gram (3 ounce) dried cranberries
- 1 Pre-heat the oven to 170°C, 325°F, Gas Mark 3.
- 2 Place the oats, flaked almonds and walnuts on a baking tray and lightly toast for around 5 minutes.
- 3 Meanwhile, warm the honey, butter, sugar and Cinnamon in a large saucepan, until the butter is melted. Pour in the toasted oat mixture, add the fruit and stir well until everything is combined.
- 4 Lightly grease and line a baking tray with greaseproof paper, then spoon the oat mixture in. Press down firmly with the back of a spoon so the mix is compacted.
- 5 Cover loosely with greaseproof paper and bake for 20 minutes.
- 6 Allow to cool in the tin and then cut into 12 bars.