Delicious & thick soup for those cosy nights in. Topped with parmesan and croutons for extra flavour and crunch.
1.Preheat oven to 220°C /200°C fan.
2. Place the butternut squash, carrots and onion on a roasting tin and sprinkle with fennel seeds, chilli flakes and garlic granules. Drizzle with 2 tbsp of olive oil. Mix it all and roast for 40mins until vegetables are tender.
3. Place the cooked vegetables in a saucepan, add veg stock and blend until smooth with a stick blender.
4. Reheat the soup and stir in the crème fraiche.
For the croutons:
5. Slice the baguette and place on baking tray.
6. Brush with remaining olive oil. Sprinkle with mixed herbs.
7. Place the tray back in the oven until golden.