Try out these heavenly festive doughnuts
19 December 2017 | Schwartz
Blog post by Diana AlShakhanbeh
Freshly baked spiced gingerbread doughnuts. Coat them in cinnamon sugar and you will find yourself eat more than just one!
It's the gingerbread season and that means that you will find gingerbread cookies and gingerbread spiced lattes in every cafe. But what about gingerbread doughnuts? If you're obsessed with gingerbread flavour just like me and also love doughnuts, then you will LOVE this recipe!
Whether you decide to bake gingerbread biscuits, or want to make these gingerbread doughnuts you will need high quality spices like Schwartz spices. I've used the Schwartz Cinnamon, Ginger, Nutmeg and Cloves in the batter. And then used the Ground Cinnamon to coat my doughnuts in cinnamon sugar.
These doughnuts are soft from the inside, but you will love the crisp of the granulated sugar from the outside. In short, these homemade doughnuts make perfect treats for the holidays season.
Prep Time 15 minutes
Cook Time 10 minutes
Total Time 25 minutes
Servings 10 doughnuts
Calories 103 kcal
1. Preheat oven to 180°c
2. In a medium sized mixing bowl, together flour, baking soda, Cinnamon, Ginger, Nutmeg, and Cloves. Set aside.
3. In another mixing bowl, whisk egg with sugar, milk, yoghurt, oil and vanilla extract.
4. Pour wet ingredients into dry ingredients, and mix until just combined. Do not over mix.
5. Grease your doughnut baking tin with non-stick spray. And spoon the batter into the doughnut cavities until 3/4 way full.
6. Bake for around 10 minutes or until the edges become golden brown. Transfer to a cooling rack and allow doughnuts to cool down for 10 minutes.
7. Combine granulated sugar with Ground Cinnamon, and coat each doughnut from all sides. Serve immediately.
Stores in an upright container at room temperature for up to 3 days.
Amount Per Serving
Calories 103 Calories from Fat
27% Daily Value*
Total Fat 3g 5%
Saturated Fat 2g 10%
Cholesterol 17mg 6%
Sodium 341mg 14%
Potassium 41mg 1%
Total Carbohydrates 15g 5%
Protein 2g 4%
Vitamin A 0.6%
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet.