Medium Curry Powder makes an excellent base for all curries with its robust and fragrant blend of ground spices, including coriander, ginger and cumin. For excellent results, try this authentic, tried and tested recipe for Chicken Curry.
Heat Level 2 - Medium
3 tbs oil
1 onion, finely diced
2 tbs Schwartz Medium Curry Powder
400g tin chopped tomatoes
450g (1lb) boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cubed
150ml (¼ pint) warm water
1. Heat oil and fry onion, over a medium heat, for 4-5 minutes until softened.
2. Stir in Curry Powder and cook for 1 minute, to release the aromatic flavours.
3. Stir in tomatoes gradually, simmer slowly until the oil has separated.
4. Add the chicken, stir and cook on a high heat for 2-3 minutes, then add the warm water. Simmer for 15 minutes until sauce has thickened. Season to taste.
5. Stir in Schwartz Coriander Leaf to serve.
Why not try...
adding to cooked potaoes, onion and spinach for a tasty Saag Aloo.
|(Typical Values)||Per 100g |
of which saturates
of which sugars