Hot Curry Powder makes an excellent base for all curries with its robust and fragrant blend of ground spices, including coriander, cayenne pepper and cumin. For excellent results, try this authentic, tried and tested chicken curry recipe.
Heat Level 3 - Hot
Ground Coriander(32%), Cayenne Pepper (14%), Cumin (11%), Salt, Yellow Mustard Seed, Allspice, Ginger, Black Pepper, Garlic Powder, Paprika, Turmeric, Bay Leaves, Ground Cinnamon (Cassia), Cloves.
Use 2 tbs for 2-4 servings
3 tbs oil
1 onion, finely diced
2 tbs Schwartz Hot Curry Powder
400g tin chopped tomatoes
450g (1lb) boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cubed
150ml (¼ pint) warm water
1. Heat oil and fry onion, over a medium heat, for 4-5 minutes until softened.
2. Stir in Curry Powder and cook for 1 minute, to release the aromatic flavours.
3. Stir in tomatoes gradually, simmer slowly until the oil has separated.
4. Add the chicken, stir and cook on a high heat for 2-3 minutes, then add the warm water. Simmer for 15 minutes until sauce has thickened. Season to taste.
5. Stir in Schwartz Coriander Leaf to serve.
Why not try...
making Bombay potatoes. Fry with sliced onions, then add chopped tinned tomatoes, cubed potatoes and a little water, simmer until potatoes are cooked.
Store in a cool, dry place out of direct sunlight.
|Per 100g |
of which saturates
of which sugars
*1 serving = ½ tbs