Festive Christmas Tree Brownies
175 grams (6 ounces) unsalted butter
175 grams (6 ounces) dark chocolate
75 grams (3 ounces) plain flour
40 grams (1½ ounces) cocoa powder
1 teaspoon Cinnamon Ground
100 grams (4 ounces) white chocolate
3 large eggs
250 grams (9 ounces) caster sugar
Waffle Stick or Chocolate Finger for Tree Trunk
Icing sugar, chocolate stars and baubles for tree decoration.
- 1 Cut the butter into small cubes and place in a heat proof medium bowl. Break the dark chocolate up roughly and add to the bowl. Microwave for 1 minute, stir the mixture and microwave for another minute. Stir the melted butter and chocolate until smooth and leave to cool to room temperature.
- 2 Pre heat the oven to 180°C, 350°F, Gas mark 4.
- 3 Line a shallow baking tray 35 x 24 .5 x 2.5cm with greaseproof paper.
- 4 Sieve together the plain flour, cocoa powder and Schwartz Cinnamon in a bowl. Chop the white chocolate into chunks and set aside.
- 5 Break the eggs into a large bowl and add the caster sugar. Mix using an electric whisk until pale and thick. This will take about 5 minutes.
- 6 Add the cooled melted chocolate and butter. Fold through using a rubber spatula until a smooth even colour. Sift the flour, cocoa and Schwartz Cinnamon into the chocolate mixture and fold through gently using the rubber spatula until smooth.
- 7 Pour the mixture into the paper lined baking tray. Bake in the centre of the oven for 25 minutes. The cake should be set and pulling away from the sides of the baking tray. Remove from the oven and remove from the baking tray using the over-hanging paper. Allow to cool in a cooling rack.
- 8 Cut the cake into 3 even strips and then each strip into triangles.
- 9 Push a waffle stick or chocolate finger into the bottom of the triangle opposite the tip to make a tree trunk.
- 10 Decorate the triangles with chocolate stars, baubles and icing sugar for snow for a Christmassy vibe.
|Energy||1320kJ (16%) / 321 kcal (16%)|