Chicken and Chorizo Gratin
100 gram (4 ounce) chorizo, sliced
450 gram (1 pound) boneless, skinless chicken breasts, diced
1 onion, diced
400 gram tin chopped tomatoes
150 millilitre (¼ pint) water
1 tablespoons tomato purée
1 courgette, halved and sliced
1 yellow pepper, diced
50 gram (2 ounce) Cheddar cheese, grated
100 gram (4 ounce) breadcrumbs
- To make breadcrumbs, simply remove the crust and pulse a few slices of leftover bread in a food processer, otherwise finely chop with a bread knife.
- 1 Pre-heat oven to 200?C, 400?F, Gas Mark 6.
- 2 Spoon the Flavour Shot, chorizo and chicken into a pan, cook on a medium heat for 7-8 minutes, until browned. Transfer to an ovenproof dish using a slotted spoon and set aside. Add onion and fry for 2-3 minutes, until softened. Add the tomato purée and cook for 1 minute. Stir in courgette, pepper, chopped tomatoes and water. Bring to the boil, transfer to the ovenproof dish with the chicken and stir.
- 3 Mix cheese and breadcrumbs, sprinkle over and bake for 15-20 minutes until topping has turned golden.
- 4 Serve with crusty bread and a mixed salad.