Ginger Crunch Biscuits
Crunchy Ginger biscuit, topped with a sweet Ginger iced topping.
- 1 Pre-heat the oven to 200°C, 400°F, Gas Mark 6.
- 2 Cream 125g (5oz) of the butter with the caster sugar together until light and fluffy. Sift the flour, baking powder and ½ tbs of the Ground Ginger together and stir into the creamed mixture.
- 3 Turn dough out onto a work surface, knead well. Press dough into a greased lined 20x30cm tin. Prick lightly with a fork and bake for 20-25 minutes or until light brown.
- 4 When there is about 5 minutes of cooking time left, make the topping by combining the remaining butter, icing sugar, golden syrup and Ground Ginger. Heat until butter is melted, stirring constantly.
- 5 Pour the hot Ginger icing over base while hot, leave until cool, and then cut into squares.