- 1 Pre-heat the oven to 190°C, 375°F, Gas mark 5.
- 2 Line a baking tray with greaseproof paper.
- 3 Melt the butter, sugar and golden syrup over a low heat, stirring until the sugar crystals have dissolved.
- 4 In another bowl, sift the flour, bicarbonate soda, Ginger, Mace, and Cinnamon.
- 5 Add the dry ingredients to the warm mixture a little at a time until you achieve a soft dough. Add a little milk if the dough seems dry.
- 6 Roll out your dough to a thickness of 3-4mm then cut out using Halloween themed cutters.
- 7 Place onto your prepared baking tray and bake in the middle of your oven for around 10 minutes until lightly coloured, biscuits should be slightly giving but not squashy if you press them lightly.