Cinnamon Grilled Peaches
50 grams (2 ounces) butter
50 grams (2 ounces) caster sugar
100 grams (4 ounces) plain flour
1 teaspoon Cinnamon Ground
2 teaspoons demerara sugar
125 millilitres (4 fluid ounce) double cream
- The peaches can also be barbecued. Place them on the barbecue grill - cut side down - for 15 minutes, then turn over and sprinkle with the cinnamon sugar. Place the lid on the BBQ and cook for a further five minutes or until soft.
- 1 Pre-heat the oven to 200°C, 400°F, Gas Mark 6.
- 2 Place the butter, sugar, and flour in a bowl with ½ tsp of Cinnamon. Rub together to form a crumble, transfer to a baking tray and bake for about 35 minutes, or until golden and cooked through. Cover and reserve until needed.
- 3 Mix the remaining ½ tsp of Cinnamon with the demerara sugar and reserve. Cut the peaches in half and place in an ovenproof dish. Sprinkle the peaches with the Cinnamon sugar and bake for 20 minutes until golden.
- 4 Lightly whip the cream using an electric whisk, then serve the roasted peaches warm with the Cinnamon crumble sprinkle and a dollop of the cream.