Perfect for a feast on a cold day, this recipe for Black Bean Vegetable Chilli provides a comforting, healthy and vegetarian meal to warm you up! Packed with delicious veggies and plenty of Schwartz spices, it has a lovely depth of flavour that will only get better over time.
Find the biggest pot you can and this recipe will keep you (and everyone else!) going for days. For our favourite way to enjoy, serve it with homemade guacamole, sour cream, cheese and a sprinkling of coriander. You could also serve as a side, or keep it easy and use as a filling for a fresh tortilla wrap.
It’s super flexible, so feel free to change out any of the vegetables for whatever you prefer. It’s also easily adapted into gluten free, dairy free and vegan options (just make sure you choose your toppings carefully). Well suited for batch cooking, you can store it in the freezer for when you need a quick-and-easy dinner.
1. Preheat the oven to 180°C / 350°F / Gas Mark 4. Place the peppers and aubergine on a baking tray. Drizzle with olive oil and salt and pepper and place in the oven for 30 minutes.
2. In a large saucepan over low-medium heat, fry the onion and combine with fresh chilli, vinegar, sugar, Schwartz Garlic Granules, Schwartz Ground Cumin and Schwartz Smoked Paprika. Cook until the onion is soft.
3. Add the tomatoes, sweet potatoes, lime zest, coriander and Schwartz Chipotle Chilli. Simmer until the sweet potatoes have softened.
4. Drain the black beans and add then cook for a further 5 minutes. Stir in the roasted aubergine, peppers, chopped coriander and vegetable stock.
5. Serve with guacamole, sour cream, grated cheddar and coriander.