Delicious sweet treats can be favourites all year round, with brownies being one of the simplest treats to bake. Using Schwartz Ground Cinnamon, you can add a touch of spice to your brownies, perfect for the festive winter months (but we’re happy to eat them whenever!).
This brownie recipe produces brownies with a decadent gooey chocolate centre and a satisfying crunch on the outside. You can also suit the chocolate in your brownies to your own taste, as the recipe will work with anything from dark chocolate to milk chocolate.
Store the brownies for a daily treat or serve them as an after-dinner dessert, perhaps with some cream and berries to add to the sumptuous flavours.
1. Preheat the oven to 180C / 350F / Gas Mark 4, and line your baking tray with parchment paper.
2. Add the butter and the chocolate chips to a mixing bowl and melt this mixture in the microwave (it should take 2-3 minutes on full power, but check regularly). Stir.
3. Carefully add the two sugars, vanilla extract and a dash of salt and stir this together. The sugar should melt slightly into the butter mix.
4. Break the eggs into the mixture and stir this in. Then stir in the Schwartz Cinnamon.
5. Add the flour into the mixture in parts. Add in the cocoa powder and fold it in.
6. Scoop out the mixture into your baking tray and bake for 30-40 minutes. It will be cooked through if a knife comes out clean. Leave to cool.