For a warm and comforting start to the day that’s healthy and easy to make, look no further than this turmeric baked oats recipe using Schwartz Turmeric. Rich and full of nourishment, it’ll keep you going all day long and adds health-benefiting turmeric to your diet. It’s also suitable for vegans, gluten free (just substitute in gluten free oats) and contains no refined sugar.
Turmeric has plenty of proven benefits as a great anti-oxidant with anti-inflammatory effects (it’s main compound curcumin is the real hero), with studies showing it decreases ageing of the skin (and other chronic diseases), decreases risk of heart disease and improves in arthritis pain.
But it’s not just about the health benefits, Schwartz Turmeric adds a warming spice along with sweet vanilla and transforms simple baked oats into your favourite go-to breakfast.
These oats will last for up to a week in the fridge (in an air tight container), so feel free to bulk up the volumes and set yourself (or your household) up for the whole week!
1. Preheat oven to 180C / 350F / Gas Mark 4 and grease an 8 inch x 8 inch (or similar sized) baking dish.
2. In a bowl, Add the Schwartz Turmeric, vanilla, chia eggs (or whichever variation you’re using) and almond milk and whisk until combined.
3. In a separate large bowl, combine the oats, baking powder, Schwartz Cinnamon, protein powder (if using) and raisins. Add the wet ingredients to this bowl and stir until combined.
4. Pour mixture into the baking dish. Slice banana into round pieces and place on top of the mixture.
5. Bake for about 30 minutes until edges start to brown and pull away from the sides of the baking dish.
6. Remove from oven, and leave to cool, before slicing.