Easy Falafel & Couscous Recipe
400 grams tin chickpeas, drained and washed
1 red onion, diced
2 tablespoons Lebanese 7 Spice
1 tablespoon olive oil
250 grams (9 ounces) wholewheat couscous
225 millilitres (8 fluid ounce) vegetable stock
Schwartz Sea Salt & Black Pepper to season
- 1 Pre-heat the oven to 180゜C, 350゜F, Gas Mark 4.
- 2 Drain and wash the chickpeas and place in the food processor along with the onion, Lebanese 7 Spice Seasoning. Blitz until the mixture begins to clump together.
- 3 Take a handful of the mixture and roll into approx. 12 balls and place on a lined baking tray.
- 4 Brush the balls with olive oil and cook in the oven for around 10-15 mins or until your falafel's are golden brown.
- 5 Whilst your falafel mixture is baking in the oven, cook the couscous in the vegetable stock on a medium heat until all the water has been absorbed by the couscous.
- 6 Serve with a delicious tomato and cucumber salad to complete the dish.