Easy Macaroni Cheese Recipe
Enjoy one of our favourite pasta dishes, and our best ever Macaroni Cheese recipe. A creamy Cheddar Cheese Sauce and crispy bacon pieces will help to make this traditional Mac and Cheese even more popular and really is a dinner that all of the family will relish.
- 1 Pre-heat the oven to 220°C, 425°F, Gas Mark 7.
- 2 Cook the macaroni according to the packet instructions, before draining the water.
- 3 Meanwhile, mix the Cheddar Cheese Sauce Mix with the milk in a small saucepan and slowly bring to the boil, whilst consistently stirring. Add the butter and ¼ tsp of the Nutmeg and simmer for 1 minute.
- 4 Pour the cooked pasta into a large ovenproof dish, stir in the cooked bacon pieces and pour over the cheese sauce.
- 5 Top with the grated cheese and bake in the oven for 15-20 minutes, or until bubbling and golden brown.
- 6 Sprinkle with the remaining Nutmeg before serving immediately.
- 7 Consider adding other cheeses or breadcrumbs to the top before baking, to really make this delicious macaroni cheese recipe your own!