King of the party food, sausage rolls are sure to get snapped up first at every occasion – and our recipe is simply delicious thanks to the addition of our aromatic sage. Once they’re ready for the oven, simply sprinkle some nutty sesame seeds on top and bake until golden brown, transferring straight away to wire rack to ensure there are no soggy bottoms. We guarantee that once you’ve tasted this easy sausage roll recipe, you’ll never go back to buying them from the shop!
- 1 Pre-heat the oven to 230°C, 450°F, Gas Mark 8.
- 2 Mix the sausagemeat and Sage thoroughly. Roll the mixture in flour to form long rolls about 1cm (½’’) in diameter.
- 3 Roll out the pastry to an oblong about 0.5cm (¼’’) thick. Place the sausagemeat mixture on to the pastry. Lift the pastry over the sausagemeat and seal the edges with egg.
- 4 Cut the roll into 4cm (1½’’) lengths and place on a baking sheet. Brush the rolls with egg. Cut small slits in the pastry and sprinkle with Sesame Seeds.
- 5 Bake in the oven for 10-15 minutes until golden brown. The rolls may be frozen, cooked, for up to 2 months. Thaw at room temperature and crisp them up in the oven.