- 2 tbs oil
- 2 onions, sliced
- 4 tomatoes, finely chopped
- 8 boneless, skinless chicken thighs, diced
- 250g Greek yoghurt
- 4 tbs Schwartz Biryani Curry Spice Blend
- 200g basmati rice, rinsed and soaked for 30 mins, drained
1. Heat oil and fry the onions gently, until golden. Add tomatoes and fry for a couple of mins. Add chicken, yoghurt and Biryani Curry Spice Blend. Bring to a gentle simmer on a low heat, cover and cook for 15-20 mins, stirring frequently to prevent sticking.
2. Meanwhile, add the rice to a large pan of boiling water. Cook on medium heat for 5-6 mins, until half cooked through. Drain into a colander.
3. Place a third of the chicken mixture in the bottom of the saucepan, top with half of the cooked rice, Repeat with the chicken and rice, finishing with a layer of chicken. Cover and gently simmer on a low heat for 10-15 mins until the rice is fully cooked and tender. Stir through to serve.
|(Typical Values)||Per 100g |
of which saturates
of which sugars