Gluten Free Chicken with Chorizo and Chilli Recipe
1 onion, finely diced
100 grams (4 ounces) chorizo, sliced
450 grams boneless, skinless chicken breasts, diced
1 sachet Gluten Free Chilli Con Carne Mix
1 red pepper, diced
400 grams tin kidney beans, drained and rinsed
400 grams tin chopped tomatoes
125 millilitres (4 fluid ounce) water
- Brown the chorizo with the onion to a nice golden colour to release the oil and caramelise the onion, boosting the flavour even more.
- Freezing Guideline: This finished recipe is suitable for freezing. Transfer the cooked recipe to an airtight container, leave to cool prior to sealing. For best results use within 1 month of freezing.
- Re-heating Guidelines: Defrost thoroughly overnight in a refrigerator. Transfer to a saucepan and heat gently over a medium-heat, stirring occasionally, until piping hot throughout. Alternatively, place in a microwaveable bowl, cover loosely with cling film and re-heat in the microwave (800W) on full power for 5 minutes, stirring half-way through, or until piping hot throughout.
- 1 Fry the onion and chorizo for 4-5 minutes, or until lightly browned. Add the chicken and fry for a further 3-4 minutes until browned. Stir in the sachet contents and cook for 1 minute.
- 2 Stir in the remaining ingredients and bring to the boil, cover and gently simmer for 10 minutes. Remove the lid, stir and simmer for a further 5-10 minutes, until the sauce has thickened and the chicken is cooked through.
|Energy||336 / 1413|