The most comforting and delicious way to welcome Autumn. Enjoy a bowl of this moreish crumble with seasonal apples and blackberries, warming cinnamon and a golden, nutty topping.
1. Pre-heat the oven to 190°C/170°C fan.
2. Place the apples and blackberries into an ovenproof dish and mix with the light brown sugar, 1 tbsp flour and lemon juice.
3. To make the crumble topping, place the flour, oats, demerara sugar, cinnamon in a bowl and mix well. Rub the cubed butter into the mix with your fingers (or use a food processor) until the mixture resembles breadcrumbs. Stir through the pecan nuts and hazelnuts.
4. Scatter the crumble topping over the fruit and transfer to the oven to bake for 35-40 minutes, or until golden.
5. Allow to stand for 5 minutes before serving. Serve with double cream or custard.
|Per serving*||%RI** per serving*|
|Energy||2759 kJ/660 kcal|
of which saturates
of which sugars