Kiwi Fruit Pavlova
175 gram (6 ounce) caster sugar
300 millilitre (½ pint) double cream
½ teaspoon Cinnamon Ground
2 teaspoon icing sugar
2 kiwi fruit, sliced
400 gram (14 ounce) tin sliced peaches, drained and juice reserved
1 teaspoon arrowroot
3 medium egg whites
- 1 Pre-heat the oven to 140°C, 275°F, Gas Mark 1.
- 2 Draw an 18cm (7") circle on a sheet of rice paper or greaseproof paper and place on a baking sheet. Whisk the egg whites until stiff. Gradually add the caster sugar, whisking well between each addition.
- 3 Spoon 3 tbs of the meringue onto the paper and spread out to fill the circle. Pipe or spoon two rings of the remaining meringue, one on top of the other, around the edge to form a case. Bake for 1 hour. Leave to cool. Carefully remove greaseproof paper if used.
- 4 Whip the cream, Cinnamon and icing sugar in a bowl until stiff. Spoon 2 tbs into the meringue case and spread to cover base. Pipe or spoon remaining cream around inner edge of the meringue case. Arrange the peaches in the middle and decorate with the kiwi fruit as desired.
- 5 Make the peach syrup up to 150ml (¼ pint) with cold water and blend with the arrowroot. Gently bring to the boil, stirring. Brush over the fruit before serving.
- 6 Serve within 2 hours.