While the term ‘Florentine’ can refer to a range of dishes from the Italian region of Tuscany, it more often refers to a recipe involving spinach. Eggs Florentine is the perfect breakfast if you’re looking for something that tastes indulgent, but still fits into a healthy marathon meal plan – eggs are full of protein, remember. The soft poached eggs – with a runny yolk, of course – and our creamy Hollandaise Sauce sit beautifully on a bed of silky spinach, all layered on top of crunchy ciabatta. All you need to finish this dish is a sprinkling of Parmesan cheese and warming nutmeg, which is perfect for cutting through eggs and cream.
- 1 Bring a large saucepan of salted water to the boil. Create a whirlpool effect in the pan by swirling the water around with a wooden spoon (this will allow the white to encapsulate the yolk). Crack one egg at a time into the pan and cook for 3-4 minutes.
- 2 In a small saucepan, combine the Hollandaise Sauce Mix sachet contents with the milk and bring to the boil stirring. Add the butter and simmer for 1-2 minutes.
- 3 Meanwhile, griddle the ciabatta slices until lightly toasted. Then roughly shred the spinach and sauté in the olive oil for 2-3 minutes until wilted.
- 4 Serve the spinach and poached eggs on top of the ciabatta slices. Season and sprinkle a pinch of Ground Nutmeg and 1 tbs Parmesan cheese over each egg.
- 5 Drizzle over a little of the Hollandaise Sauce and serve immediately.