Marinated Salmon in Lemon and Tarragon
Simple pan-fried salmon flavoured with tarragon and lemon and served with a garlic mayonnaise or aioli.
- 1 Make 2 shallow cuts in the skin of the salmon with a sharp knife. Place in a dish skin-side down then sprinkle over the tarragon.
- 2 Add the lemon zest, olive oil and season with salt to taste. Leave to marinate for 20 minutes. Meanwhile combine the mayonnaise with the garlic granules, season to taste, then set aside.
- 3 Heat a non-stick frying pan on a high heat. Add the fish to the pan, skin-side down and cook for 4 minutes.
- 4 Turn the fish over and cook on the other side for 2-3 minutes, depending on how thick the fish is. Then add a squeeze of lemon juice.
- 5 Once the fish is cooked, remove from the pan and serve with new potatoes, salad and the garlic mayonnaise.