Grilled Fruit Tart
- 1 On a floured surface, thinly roll out the pastry into a rectangle approx 30cm x 20cm. Trim the edges neatly and place on a baking sheet.
- 2 Using the tip of a knife, score the pastry on all four sides approximately 1cm in from the edge. Brush with egg white.
- 3 Bake for 12-15 minutes and then remove from the oven. Press the pastry down in the centre and leave to cool.
- 4 Meanwhile, pre-heat the grill to a medium-high heat. Mix the sugar, cornflour, Cinnamon and Ginger in a large bowl. Add the fruit and Vanilla seeds and toss gently. Spoon into the centre of the pastry and spread out evenly.
- 5 Cover the outer crust with foil to prevent burning and grill for 10 minutes until the fruit is golden brown. Cool slightly before serving.